Saturday, January 23, 2010

January: New Job, New Routine, NewToys

Ok so I realize now that I have failed to mention one the most important change that has happened to our family. Gigi is walking. She had been pulling herself up on things and moving along hold ing on since sometime in November but then in December right before we left for Florida she got all brave and let go. From then on she has been getting more and more confident with her walking skills. I don't know where this energy comes from but her balance is getting really good so we have had to buy her some good shoes (Converse) so she can practice walking and balance. I don't know where I am going to get the energy to keep up with her and I am only with her half the day. Church is done. She just won't sit still. My mom says that this sounds very familiar but I am still trying to figure out what that means. :)

Bubba started his new job as a Senior Estimator for HD Supply. He seems to really like his new job. He uses all the knowledge that he has gained from working with his Dad, college, engineering etc. It seems to be a great fit for him. He went to Arizona for a week to do training which left Gigi and I alone for 5 days. That was a big adjustment for all of us. Gigi is used to being with Daddy all day. So since he has started working she has started going to a babysitter. She stayed out our friend Kristin's for the first little bit. I think it was nice for her to go to a familiar place. Kristin's daughter Lily wasn't as excited about Gigi spending her days there. But of course right when Lily was getting used to the idea we switched her over to an in home day care. She seems to really like going over to Ms. Amy's house. There are boys there which Gigi loves. She is such a flirt.

Gigi and I have enjoyed our increase amount of time we spend together. I get to take her and pick her up from daycare most days. On game days Bubba picks her up and then they have some time together. I think I hate daycare more than she does. The soccer team is doing well and I am constantly having to stretch my mind to find ways that I can better meet their needs as players and students. Teaching is going well. We are getting into my favorite part of the year. The 20th century. I am such a dork.

My cousins Quinn, Cymri and Damien came down to visit. Gigi and I had a great time playing with them. Especially because Bubba was out of town for half of the time. We went shopping, to the Bellagio dancing water show, Paris, Tiffany's, New York New York, Cesar's Palace, T.I., Mirage, Shark Reef, MGM, M&M store and the Cocoa Cola store (wow that was some crazy touring). We even planned an adult night out and got a babysitter. I love kids but sometimes adult time is so nice. It is always so much fun to hang out Quinn and his family. We are glad that we all for now live close enough to plan little trips together.

I know that January is not quite over yet but I figure since I am logged on I may as well update. Other wise it may be another 4 months before I do this again.

Pictures of this month to come...

1 comment:

Melissa Anderson said...

Jess- I am so glad that stephen found a job! You are so positive and that is inspiring! It looks like you had a wonderful holiday. Good luck with school,and soccer.