Friday, February 11, 2011

Welcome Carter Stephen Polk

Gigi couldn't go into the NICU to visit so she met Carter for the first time through the glass.
Our first picture as a new family.
Our blue baby getting his tan on!
Look no tubes. Making progress.
Waiting for his ride home!
Our little family ready to go home!
In Daddy's Hand, so tiny.
Favorite thing she says when she holds him is "Coco getting me." Like he is doing it on purpose.
My mom was able to come out for a week. It was so nice to have her here to help.

Ok now that he is a month old I will announce him. Getting the blog up to date will be even more difficult for me now that I have two. But we are so excited to have our little Coco baby! We started calling him Coco months ago because of my Dad. When he was growing up he thought that he when he became a professional baseball player he would change his name to Coco Curriente. So somewhere along the pregnancy we gave the name Coco to Carter. Of course the whole pregnancy we referred to him as Carter. But since he was born we seem to call him Coco a lot more. Probably his sisters fault. She is really good at saying Coco.

Carter was born on January 11, 2011 at 7:59 am. He weighed 5lbs. 15 oz and was 19 1/4 inches long. Coco had a rocky start. Right after he was born his breathing seemed shallow so he was taken to the NICU. He was put on oxygen for the next day or so. Then there seemed to be one excuse after another of him getting strong enough to leave with us. After almost 6 days in the NICU we finally were able to bring our handsome little man home. Leaving the hospital without your baby has to be one of the worst feeling in the world. I am grateful for the opportunity to learn knew things with this new member of our family. He is a sweet baby and has been really good for us. We couldn't be happier to have him home with us.

Gigi has had an adjustment to make with him. But she loves him! She is always talking about him and trying to help us take care of him. It is really darling. She'll say things like "Coco in my bed" when she wants him to sleep in her bed. It is too cute. I love her even more everyday. I have had to change the way I interact with her though and become more attentive and affective with my discipline.

1 comment:

The Piliskos said...

Congrats, Jess! He is so cute!! I found the adjustment from 1 to 2 kids extrememly trying. Hope it goes okay for you! You are such a cute momma!