Monday, June 20, 2011

Carter's Blessing





Carter was blessed by his father on March 6, 2011. Carter was had a lot of family come into town to support him and his parents in this special event. Grandpa Polk (FL) and Uncle David (UT), Papa and Nana came with Aunt Jayni and Aunt Amanda (FL), Uncle Andrew and Katherine (who will soon become Aunt Katherine) came from Utah, Aunt Julie and Aunt Marce came from Arizona and brought our young cousin Trenton, and Quinn and Cymri, Dameon and Ryssa (who live in town) were with us too. It was a very nice weekend. We set up for Current Family pictures one morning and then spent some time shopping in the afternoon. We ate pizza and wings that night and were able to enjoy a relaxing Sunday afternoon with sandwiches, chips and my favorite Layered Strawberry Cheesecake dessert. It was really fun, at one point just about all of the ladies in the family were in my room laying on the bed or in the rocking chair just visiting and telling special stories. It was really nice bonding time for us. I know my mom loved having her sisters their to visit with. With my mom living in Florida she really doesn't get to see them as much as she would like. I know the feeling. But the love of sisters I will save for another post. Everyone but my parents and sisters left sometime on Sunday. Stephen's Dad had a hard time getting out here and ended up only being here in Vegas for about 24 hours. His visit was definitely too short. We are planning a trip for later in the year to go and see his family. Carter was just as sweet as always. My mom did a little photo shoot for Carter before she left so that we could get some pictures of him in his blessing clothes. I spent weeks looking for what I wanted him to wear. I am so much more picky about how to dress a boy then I am with Georgia. I finally found a little overall's outfit that I thought looked just darling.

No comments: