Sunday, January 18, 2015

Carter is 4, A&K visit and Amanda is Home

So last week was pretty normal for the most part.  Threw an Epic birthday party for Carter, started the kids in soccer, took G to school, pretended to have time to do house chores, worked and played.  The major difference was that Andrew and Katherine have been here visiting and we started the week off with a trip to the ER. Oh and we finished it off with Aunt Amanda returning from her mission to Kobe Japan.

So here is some of the details...

The kids started soccer and loved it.  Carter almost got in a fight at his first practice. I guess he doesn't like the part where someone tries to take the ball from him. :)  Georgia and her good buddy Madi loved it too.  They stuck together with another friend Braelyn, who are the only girls on their team.



Carter turned 4!  This kid he is really something.  He drives me bat crap crazy but I love him.  He is my little man.  He went swimming with Stephen and Georgia the other week (way too cold form but those nut jobs are more than welcome to go) and decided that he wanted to have an "Epic" pool party for his birthday.  Sure.  Why not.  Your birthday is in January.  Let's have an "Epic" pool party.  But we do live in South Florida so I decided to indulge him.  (Side bar real quick...Our whole marriage Stephen has said "why do we have to throw big parties for their birthdays, they are gonna get spoiled?" To which I reply "blah blah blah." But I compromised last year that we would do small parties every other year like a play date at the park with cup cakes a couple friends over to watch a movie and do make overs, etc. and then the opposite year I could plan and prep a little bigger party with Pinterest food tables and three to four weeks of planning. So this year was supposed to be totally small for Carter.  Until Dad decided it would be fun and jumped on board. I can't really complain too much.  I got to have a party either way and this year Dad did way more work planning it. Win Win)


Ok, so back to the party.  I was nervous about the pool aspect.  Even though it is Florida and 75 degrees I wasn't sure how the swim would play out but despite a cold snap on Thursday it all seemed to work out. The kids had fun swimming and coloring and we had fun visiting and nibbling. Carter seemed to really enjoy it and we definitely helped him feel special and loved on his birthday.



Saturday night/Sunday morning just after midnight I go to check on Ty because he is fussing. He sounds congested and so I pick him up and nurse him.  While nursing I notice how terrible his breathing sounds.  So when we finish I ask Stephen what he thinks.  His breath is labored, he is wheezing and seems to really be having a hard time so Stephen says we should take him in.  So I get dressed and take him to ER here in Coral Springs.  I always worry about ER's because they are so busy and the wait is sooo long.  So I check him in and within a minute a nurse is taking us back to a room.  Within 30 minutes we were with a doctor.  That was great and they seemed to know what they were doing too.  Even better. :) Turns out he had croup.  Which is treatable with a steroid and breathing treatments. So we stayed for the next hour while he did those treatments and then when he was finally feeling better he laid himself down on the hospital bed.  Snuggled up to a blanket, put his thumb in his mouth and went to sleep.  He seemed to be bouncing back quickly until he came down with a really bad drippy nose and tons of drool.  Then I found his third tooth was breaking through.  So we have been helping him to get over the major congestion and I think we are on the mend, finally.
 

We are really excited to have Andrew and Katherine visiting this week.  We got to see them several times.  It is always fun to play and visit and joke about the past. Some of the best times are watching Andrew get experience the babies.  The video below is really funny watching Andrew try and use the aspirator to clear out his nose.



Another week of soccer.  Getting better each week and rockin the high pony tail.



Welcome home baby sister!

No comments: